Japan AGMF Relief Efforts

Japan AGMF stands for Assemblies of God Missionary Fellowship and is made up of AGWM (Assemblies of God World Missions) missionaries serving in Japan. There are 31 missionaries and all have been accounted for during this time.

Give to JAPAN DISASTER RELIEF at the Assemblies of God website.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Report from Toyomi Sanga of Koriyama, the morning after the big aftershock 4/8

Last night the shaking was rather intense.
Even after the quaking died down my legs were still trembling as I had memories of March 11th. After the quaking stopped we contacted church members in Koriyama, Sendai and Ishimaki and confirmed that everyone was fine.

 Today is the opening ceremony for my daughter’s high school.
We woke up at 5:30AM, checked the train lines and found that they were not running, so we prepared a sack lunch and got ready to go by car.

 Just before leaving my husband mentioned, “Why don’t you call and double check with the school?” so I called and they said, “Students who would normally commute to school by train do no need to attend the ceremony today.”
Waiting at the door ready to leave my daughter moaned, “Well that’s just a big let down! I was all ready to go and everything…”
She enjoys having a day off but she seemed sad to not be able to get back to school. She seems to be appreciating the blessing of attending school.

 Previously at 7:30AM. Pastor K from the Tokyo area sent a large number of school backpacks for the evacuee children that have been moved into the Nagamori Elementary School near our church.
Oddly enough, yesterday a flyer came to the house reading “To All Parents of Nagamori Elementary School Students”. Last month my son graduated out of Nagamori Elementary and to I thought it strange that they still sent me a flyer… maybe it was God?

 This morning at 9:00 I am planning on delivering the backpacks and some other school goods.
It is a small elementary school with about 190 students, 68 of whom have just transferred in as evacuees.
I am so thankful that God will continue to give us opportunities to interact with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment