Japan AGMF Relief Efforts

Japan AGMF stands for Assemblies of God Missionary Fellowship and is made up of AGWM (Assemblies of God World Missions) missionaries serving in Japan. There are 31 missionaries and all have been accounted for during this time.

Give to JAPAN DISASTER RELIEF at the Assemblies of God website.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A report from Pastor Hiroshi Ito of Izumi Fukuin Christ Church 4/5

Praise the Lord. Thank you for your prayers.

In the afternoon of the March 3rd, we visited a shelter where evacuees from Kawamata-cho, Date-gun were staying and had a church service there. After the service, while we were having conversation, one lady came up to me and said with a grievous look, "My watch completely stopped on March 11th." We had no word to say to her. All we could do was to lay our hands on her and cried with her and prayed for her. Nevertheless, she told us at the end, "I am from Buddhist family and my father is a priest, but I would like to start going to church and read the Bible."

I am assuming that we will have a water baptism for the man in his 50's who has made the decision (he is a worker of Fukushima Daiichi reactor) next time we see him, though I don't when and where it's going to be... All I can say is that it wouldn't be the same shelter, because they are going to move again for the 5th time.

It is so easy to be overwhelmed in the face of this catastrophic reality and lose sight of what we should do, what we can do. Nevertheless, I can't help but worship the Lord because I am daily experiencing God's marvelous work and presence in the midst of the pain and sufferings of this massive disaster, tsunami, and radiation threat. I am hoping to collaborate with other local churches in Fukushima, and reach out to people who have become evacuees due to the plant accidents and bring them the light and hope of the Gospel and the love of God. Again, thank you so much for your continual prayers. We really need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment